Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Hula Hoop Girls

Rachel and Steve were married last Saturday, and I mentioned in an earlier post that their wedding was a lot of fun, especially the reception. The DJ had a hula hoop contest and the two junior bridesmaids, Maria and Riauna, and two flower girls, Nevaeh and Alivia, owned the dance floor, with Alivia winning. That child could walk and dance while hula-ing. She was really amazing. Not only that, she could "boomerang" the hoop - put a reverse spin on it and spin it 15-20 feet out before it returned to her. I got such a kick out of watching them.

Neveah, Alivia, Riauna and Maria in the midst of the contest.

I love this stance!

These two hung in there the longest.





Alivia putting the reverse spin on the hoop - it's returning to her now. I love the 
"robot" pose of her arms and hands.



Riauna really pouring on the power.


Maria is a fierce competitor.

Alivia with her prize - the blue necklace - for being the best hula-hooper.




This is one of my favorite reception shots. Where they managed to find energy and all that 
spirit after such a long, hot day is beyond me. Ahhh....youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment