Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nashville! Day 1 - Monday, Feb. 21

OK - Maybe I'm erring on the side of caution, but I'd prefer to share my recent trip to Nashville AFTER the fact, rather than announcing to the world wide web before or during the trip - "Hey - I'm away from home, and my house is going to be empty for the next week!"

So this will be a recap of a trip to Nashville last week for a Culver's Reunion. (For those of you who don't know, my boyfriend, Don, and his brothers own two Culver's franchises in Mankato/North Mankato.)  Five of us travelled from Minnesota, and Don's brother, Craig, drove from Virginia. The reunion went from Monday - Wednesday, but we Minnesotans stayed until Sunday so we could enjoy some of the sights and sounds of this amazing city.

Day 1 - Monday, Feb. 20. Actually...I headed to Don's house Saturday night because a huge snowstorm was forecast for Saturday night/Sunday, and I didn't want to have to drive in it.  Mother Nature didn't make liars of the weather forecasters. She DUMPED about 18 inches of heavy snow throughout the day Sunday.

We set an alarm for 12:30 a.m. Monday morning (still snowing...) hoping we'd be able to make it to the airport. Brian and Mary came over, and we learned around 1:00 a.m. that our flight was cancelled. The earliest we would be able to leave was 6:15 Tuesday morning.

Here are a few exciting vacation pictures - pre-flight :)

This is Don's son's plow, and my car behind it. 


Don was plowing the restaurant lots, so I shoveled his sidewalk and was "snizzled" on while I worked.


This is my car Monday evening, Feb. 21. We'd shoveled the driveway once, but hadn't cleaned my car off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment