Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nashville - Day 3

NOTE: I didn't post anything Friday because I spent the evening with a VIPP (very important precious person) - my granddaughter, Hayleigh.

Day 3 - We wrapped up the Culver's reunion, and I spent the afternoon with Mary, taking photos around the Opryland Hotel - such a beautiful place. There are three linked garden areas - Cascades, Magnolia and Delta. All have water features, tropical plants, palm trees, orchids, and beautiful landscaping. Also included are shots of the Cascades and Magnolia lobbies.

In the evening we attended the gala event/awards ceremony, so I included just a couple of pictures taken just before that got underway. I'm not used to dressing up, so I promised my coworkers (who helped me with accessories and shoes) a picture.

The Cascades - keep in mind there is a roof over this portion of the hotel

One half of the massive main lobby. Directly across this space (to the left) is another check in area identical to this one.

Taken with a fisheye lens, this shows a glass sculpture and stained glass skylight in the main lobby.

Entrance to the Magnolia section of the hotel

A cool 5K will purchase this mirror.






These water spouts "danced" to music.

One of the many enclosed seating areas. I like how the background foliage matches the lamps.

Don and I ready for the gala.

Craig, Brian and Don

No comments:

Post a Comment