Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Missions - La Santísima Trinidad de Paraná.

In southern Paraguay, and founded in 1712, La Santisima Trinidad de Parana was one of the biggest Jesuit missions in Paraguay. Prior to our trip, Craig suggested we watch The Mission - a 1980's movie starring Robert De Niro, that accurately portrayed this period during the Spanish colonization of South America. To walk these ruins was to step back in time, and into another world.







It's pretty unusual to see an owl during the day, but we did, and it allowed me to get pretty close.


Exploring the ruins.

I want to see what's on the other side of this door.

I call this image "Stairway to Heaven." Just look at the wear marks on the stairs. I had to climb them :) 

The pulpit


I think Craig is in awe of his surroundings.






Tombs of priests are placed down the center in this image.



Don and Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment